Location // Four Seasons Resort, Sayan // Bali
Hello, everyone! It’s been a while since I have posted anything on this blog. If you have seen my pregnancy updates on my social media channels, you can probably guess why I have been MIA( Missing In Action) from the regular posts. The only excuse is that since we found out the news of our life, we have been enjoying the phase and the everyday moments like never before. It is truly a magical experience for would-be parents and we want to enjoy every bit of it.
Planning For A Babymoon In Bali!
The babymoon vacay was a very very special trip for both of us, something we never experienced before in any of our travels. A trip where it’s still just a two us but there is also little one inside me traveling with us, completely a different feeling. When deciding the location for our babymoon, Bali seemed an ideal place for us. An island of love, full of relaxing beaches and amazing natural beauty. On this trip, we knew that all we are going to do was eat, sleep repeat 😛 and recapitulate our old memories of togetherness before the little one arrives 🙂
Here are some tips to keep in mind while planning for a babymoon!
- Health: The first thing to keep in mind while planning for your babymoon is your health which is of utmost importance. Before planning or going for your babymoon talk to your doctor about your concerns and travel only if your doctor allows you to do so. Remember to carry your doctor’s letter to avoid any problems while boarding the flight etc. Try to plan a location which is comfortable travel distance for you. in that sense, living in Singapore is a great advantage as there are some fantastic holiday destinations nearby.
- Resorts / Hotels: Planning on where to stay on your babymoon is entirely an individual’s choice, the only thing that matters the most is you and your partner having the most romantic time together. We chose to stay at Four Seasons Resort in Sayan, Bali. While deciding our resort there were two things we wanted: A very romantic ambiance and a completely different experience to what I have ever had before to make this vacation a memorable one. This is a spectacular property built on the slopes of a valley descending onto the rapidly flowing Ayung River. We felt like staying in a dreamland in the middle of mother nature filled with lush greenery with nothing to disturb you except for the sounds of crickets chirping at night and the gushing waters of the river. The hospitality was outstanding. Since they knew I am pregnant (i had to communicate my dietary restrictions beforehand) they offered me a room close to the main building which house the lobby and reception, main restaurant and the spa so that I have to walk less. This was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
- Maternity Essentials: This time while packing for the trip these essentials where on my priority list-
- Bug spray ( it is extremely necessary to keep it handy to avoid any skin rashes but thankfully Four Seasons provided that in our room),
- Some handy snacks to keep in my handbag so that I don’t have to go searching for food at odd times when I am hungry (which tens to be quite often these days :P).
- Disposable underwear and some easy breezy comfy clothes in which I and my bump are comfortable.
- A water bottle, I kept myself hydrated all the time which is very important during pregnancy to avoid any urine infections and other pregnancy-related problems which you don’t want to face during your travel.
- Relaxation: Babymoon is all about relaxing your body and mind before the marathon starts after the little one arrives :P. Bali is a beautiful destination lots to see and explore but this time I only focused on relaxing by the pool with a drink, sleeping on the sunbed and eating what I like to eat. We are surely going back to Bali in the near future to see and explore all that we missed this time.
- Book A Pre-Natal Spa Session: A pre-natal massage and spa are what I was looking forward to on this trip. We had an amazing 2 hours spa session at Prana Yoga and Spa. in Seminyak. I booked the mum to be massage (really cute name) followed by a flower bath. During pregnancy, it is good to do a prenatal massage which gives relief from the discomforts like backaches, leg cramps, and swelling. It is advisable not to do the regular massages as pre-natal ones are done by experts who know the exact pressure points that will not disturb your circulation and cause other pregnancy-related problems as the body goes through a lot of changes during these 9 months.
- A Memorable Photoshoot: This is again optional but if you want to do a photoshoot with your little one inside you then babymoon is a perfect time for it. I love photos as they make memories forever. But I did not do a professional photo shoot, Raj took some nice shots of me and my bump and I am surely gonna miss that bump after the little one pops 🙂
My advice, enjoy every bit of your babymoon holiday as it will not be the same as any other trips in future. Cherish it, live it and make it memorable because a babymoon will always hold a special memory in your travel diary as it is about two people spending a romantic time and looking forward to living a new chapter in life with someone they are dreaming to see and meet soon 🙂
Have a lovely weekend everyone
Be Happy & Spread Positivity Like Confetti
Blue Maxi dress- SHEIN ( not available anymore, tagged a very similar one)
Pink Coat Dress- NA-KD ( get 20% off on your total purchase using the code: fashionreflection20)