Do you have a skincare regime?? Maintaining an everyday skincare routine is extremely important for your skin, helping it look healthy and glowing. However, it is easy to get confused about what is good for our skin and what is not as the market has zillions of different brands on offer each of which promises to offer something better than others. I have been using some of the tried and trusted skincare products for quite sometime now for my everyday skincare routine after doing a fair bit of research. I am very happy with the products so far and that has inspired to share the details on this blog. Hope you find it useful because when it comes to skincare I don’t believe in compromises.
Here are some trusted skincare products which I use for my daily skincare routine – AM TO PM
Immediately after I brush my teeth,
1. CLEANSER : I wash my face with the Vichy Purete Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel which is extremely firm and soft on my skin and and makes it look very hydrated and gives the skin an added radiance. This gel is a bit on the thicker side which I like. On applying it gives a very light creamy foam like consistency which feels very moisturising. I have a combination skin and it works best on that skin type. In other words, if you have have a skin type that is neither too oily nor too dry this is perfect for you.
2. SERUM:The next step for me is to apply the Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line Reducing Concentrate. It’s a vitamin C serum which helps in reducing dark pigmentations and fine lines making the skin look firmer. Unlike your usual serums, this one is thicker and feels more like a moisturiser so if you don’t want to apply any lotion after this you can stop right here. However, after using the serum I always take one more step and use the moisturiser.
3. EYE CREAM: Then I apply the Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Line Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate and as the name suggests, it brightens up the under eye area. Just a spot of cream is enough and I dab it under my eyes (be careful not to rub it). When I used it for the first time, I had a burning sensation but I knew this will happen as I had been informed by the consultant in Kiehls. but now my skin is so used to it that I cant live without this.There are many under eye creams available in the market and trust me I have used a lot of them but none of them have been that good so far. But after trying this one I am getting positive results as my fines lines are getting reduced and under eye area has got better than before. The concentrate contains Vitamin C 10.5% which helps to improve the appearance of ageing skin and Haloxyl helps to reduce the dark circles and brightens the eye area.
Buying Tip: I always believe if a beauty product suits me doesn’t mean it will suit you as well. Since Kiehls products are very expensive, I suggest before buying and spending your hard earn money ask them for sample sachets, use them for some weeks and then decide based on the results.
4. MOISTURISING LOTION : The moisturiser I am using for ages is the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. I swear by the product. It is very moisturising without being greasy and I guess it is best for my combination skin. This moisturiser is a very basic hydrating lotion which helps skin stay smooth and supple. It has no fragrance and that is also something I like because I don’t like too strongly fragrant products.
Kiehl’s Super Mutli-Corrective Cream: Days when I am not applying the Clinique lotion, I reach out to this It is a medium weight moisturiser which is not at all greasy and sits on the skin very nicely giving a smooth feel. I like the texture, very fluffy and velvety.
5. LIP BALM : Now what is left is taking good care of are my lips and for that I use the Clinique Pep-Start Pout restoring Night Mask, I have been using this for 2 months now and I am loving it. I have a bad habit of biting off parts of my lip skin so you can imagine how bad it turns by the end of the day- dry and sometimes bleeding. This lip balm is thick and due to the presence of skin nourishment and replenishing ingredients, the lips feel super soft and smooth.
The night time process is a somewhat different as where it is mostly about taking off making worn during the day. So here is what I follow for the night time routine.
EYE MAKEUP REMOVER: As I do a lot of eye makeup, it is important to wipe off the eye makeup with a remover before cleansing the face because sometimes the cleanser does not take to the eye makeup nicely. I use 2-3 different eye makeup removers depending on the amount of makeup I do and the best for me is the MAC PRO EYE MAKEUP REMOVER. It wipes off my eye makeup so nicely leaving a smooth effect on my skin. Feel free to try other options too.
Tip: Never rub the remover on your eyes, just dab it on your eyes and gently wipe off.
CLEANSING BALM: Next I take my CLINIQUE CLEANSING BALM which is one of my all time favourites. It is sold as a makeup remover but I prefer using this after I have removed my makeup with a wet tissue or my MAC PRO EYE MAKEUP REMOVER and then I use this to cleanse any extra makeup. The quality is waxy and at first you may not like it. It may take a little bit of time to get used to the feel.
Tip: Rinsing this using a flannel towel, gives a better feel to the skin.
CLEANSER: This is an optional thing which I do but you are free not to follow this process if you want to. Just to be sure that all the makeup has been taken off, I once again cleanse with Vichy. Maybe this is just an excuse to spend some more time in front of the mirror haha!
SERUM : Using the Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair Synchronised Recovery Complex has done wonders to my skin. I have been using this for a month now and I have already got my results in terms of soft and supple looking fresh face when I wake up in the morning. It feels the effect of the serum is still working leaving a very velvety touch. Honestly the serum is a bit expensive and since I never wanted to waste my money by buying the bottle before trying so I took a sample bottle from them to try first. I am definitely going to get a new bottle now:)
NIGHT CREAM : ESTEE LAUDER RESILIENCE LIFT FIRMING is one of the best night creams I have used so far. Waking up in the morning my skin has that touch of sheen or glow and feels like butter. All I can say is that give it a try and see the results on your own. I love the formulation and it smells amazing. I am not an expert in the art of smelling but I can certainly say that there is a subtle smell of rose petals and I love it very much.
So this post pretty much sums up how much time I spend in my skincare routine :P, I am sure when reading it feels like a never ending story but trust me following these small steps will secure your future skin make you look like 60 when …………
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Be Happy & Spread Positivity Like Confetti