Here is the post that a lot of you have been waiting for. Thank you all for letting me know that you wanted to read more about my gold smokey eye look through a step by step tutorial. I normally prefer to apply nude shades when it comes to eyeshadows. If not, then chances are that I will go for the gold and black smokey eyes. So without further ado, here are my tips on how to create this dramatic gold smokey eyes look :).
At the very beginning apply some eye primer. Primer is used so that the makeup remains in place. Use any brand you are comfortable with. The below photo you see is the application of the concealer.
- As shown in the photo above , apply some concealer as the concealer is used to hide darkness. I have used the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (You can use any concealer)
2. Use a brush or a beauty blender sponge to blend the concealer.
3. Then using a flat brush apply any gold eyeshadow ( I have used Mac pigment) over half of your eye lids. You can use any gold eyeshadow.
4. Now taking an angle brush apply the black eyeshadow at the corner of your eyes blending it onto the crease of your eyes. ( I have used Sleek eyeshadow palette) You can use any black eyeshadow.
5. Don’t worry if you don’t have an angle brush. Here is a simple tip which will give you the same look as an angle brush. (Place any makeup or cosmetic tube at the corner of your eyes exactly the way shown in the above photo and then apply the eyeshadow keeping the same line.
6. Now it is all about blending, the magic of smokey eye lies in blending the colours to bring that perfect smudgy look and I love that. 🙂
7. Moving on to the brow bone, use any highlighter or a shimmery eyeshadow. I have used (Makeup Revolution)
8. Take a pencil brush and apply the same black eye shadow onto your outer side of your waterline and apply Kajal into your waterline and then smudge everything with a cotton bud. Using a cotton bud to smudge really gives that desired smokey and smudgy look.
9. Finish the look applying mascara and eyeliner. I have used Loreal Mascara. You can use any mascara.
10. Last but not the least what I always do is, take a wet wipe and place it in an angle as shown in the photo to take off that extra eyeshadow and have that perfect stroke at the corner of your eyes. This step can be done before applying the eyeliner or after the eyeliner as per your convenience.
Choose a nude shade for your lips, as I always believe when you do smokey eyes, focal point should be your eyes and no where else. Here I have applied Taupe by MAC , a beautiful shade which works very well as an everyday shade.
I hope you all love this post and it really helps you to get that dramatic gold smokey eyes.
This look is great for any parties, night-outs and trust me it looks great during daytime too if you can carry it well. 🙂
Have a lovely day everyone
Stay healthy, Stay fashionable. 🙂